Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gatsby

I had tea with my friend Ken last night. He was busily showing me photos of the Maserati he's going to give himself for Christmas when he pulled out a small white package of what looked like baby wipes.

"I get sweaty sometimes and these refresh my skin," He explained, "but they're a little spicy around my eyes."

Minty things do seem spicy. It's the same sensation, but sweeter and colder, don't you think, reader my reader? My little brother used to say that mint gum is spicy, and we all knew what he meant, so what was the difference? Would you have corrected him? I didn't. It's too cute a mistake.

I didn't correct Ken, either. Instead I asked if I could try one (they're made by Gatsby), and kept it away from my eyes. Is anyone else startled by the existence of a mentholated tissue made for men of fashion to dab refreshingly about their faces and slender necks?

Gatsby, you blur the lines further.

No comments: